Learning about staying safe online is very important. At Bedale Primary School we make sure our pupils are aware of some of the risks to safety that are online and what to do to stay safe. We have a set of SMART rules which the children are expected to follow at home and in school to make sure they stay safe online. These rules can be viewed below and should be followed when using all kinds of technology such as mobile phones, games consoles and home computers.
We are committed to improving e-Safety not only in school but at home as well. To help with this we have had recent visits from our local PCSOs to talk to parents and children. See below.
There are also some links to other e-safety resources, including games, quizzes and advice for parents and carers.
If you have any concerns about safety online, please contact the school.
You can also use CEOP's reporting tool by clicking wherever you see this logo:
E-Safety Articles from ParentInfo.org
Keep up-to-date with latest online safety news and issues...
Safe Blogging Rules:
We have a few simple guidelines that we need to keep to in order to make the most of our school blog.
- Children are to only use their first name when commenting. (You should also do this on other websites. Always use a nickname, not your real name. e.g. FootyBoy123)
- Parents who leave comments are asked to use their first name only so as not to identify their child. Or post comments as “Albert’s Mum” or “Juliet's Grandfather”.
- All posts will be checked by a teacher before they are published to the blog.
- All comments are moderated by a teacher before they appear on the blog.
- Always be respectful of other people's work - be positive if you are going to comment.
- All posts should relate to school life and should not include any personal details or information about individual pupils, staff, parents or carers.
- No text talk - write in full sentences and read your comments back carefully before submitting.
- Everyone in Bedale Primary School will stick to these guidelines.
View our school's e-safety rules below.