To start September 2020
32.5 hours per week
Monday & Tuesday 8.30 am – 3.30 pm
Wednesday 8.30 am – 4.00 pm
Thursday & Friday – 8.30 am – 4.30 pm
(to include one hour unpaid lunch break between 11.00 am – 12 noon)
Term time only – established contract
Salary Grade F (Point Grade 8-13)
Would you like to be part of an innovative and professional team that puts its pupils at the heart of everything they do? An exciting opportunity has arisen for a friendly, efficient and reliable person to work alongside our administrative team in our busy school office as the first point of contact for parents and visitors. This job is varied so requires the ability to multi-task and complete tasks efficiently in short timeframes.
This job would suit someone who has excellent IT and organisational skills, enjoys customer contact and is able to work under pressure.
It is an exciting and interesting role and the main responsibilities include the efficient running of the school office, monitoring and reporting on pupil attendance and overseeing compliance with health and safety policies and procedures in the school including risk assessments and using data involving pupils.
We are looking for a candidate who has a range of administrative experience, including proficient use of ICT. The successful candidate will be:
• able to work in a busy and demanding environment and remain calm under pressure
• child-centred and able to deal sensitively with any first aid needs (training provided) and be responsible for the administration of medicines for children
• proficient in the use of MS Office packages and have experience of school office systems such as SIMs and Parentpay
• Contribute to the safeguarding ethos within the school including taking responsibility for pupils’ attendance
• able to maintain high levels of confidentiality
• able to work independently when required and take own initiative
• able to manage work time efficiently and effectively prioritise tasks
• able to keep meticulous records and have an eye for detail
• proactive in following up projects and solving problems
• efficient, well-organised and flexible
• able to work closely and effectively within a team and build up good relationships with staff, governors, parents and pupils
• able to act in a calm and positive manner, communicating confidently with, visitors, outside agencies, contractors and the general public
• Have a sense of humour!
Closing Date: Thursday 16th July 2020 at 1.00 pm
Interview Date: To be confirmed